I am quite pleased with this week’s mix. It’s got eight solid artists, a couple of covers and a delicious new track from one of my favorite artists, The Morning Benders. So, without further ado, The Dunce Cap, Vol. 2, presented as a playlist by 8tracks:
The Dunce Cap, Vol. 2: Slow it down, make it stop, or else my heart is going to pop. Just enjoy the show.
(mix via 8tracks)
- “You Can Make Him Like You” – The Hold Steady
- “Gravity Rides Everything” – Lenka
- “ONE” – Yeasayer
- “Let Forever Be” – The Chemical Brothers
- “The Past and Pending” – The Shins
- “You Wear It Well” – Rod Stewart
- “Excuses” – The Morning Benders
- “Gold Digger” – Glee Cast (OST)
- “The Show” – Lenka
- “You Gotta Dance (With Who You Came to the Dance With)” – The Hold Steady
This mix is a little bit different from the last. It’s chocked full of bizarre-o tracks that make me jive&dance&shake, some from television shows I’m excited about (“Gold Digger” from “Glee”) or movies I love (“The Past and Pending,” from “Garden State”), and even artists whose albums I’m highly anticipating (The Hold Steady). I hope you enjoy it.
I’m not linking each of the tracks to YouTube or the ilk because I hope to send some traffic to 8tracks. Check it out – it’s a fun playlist-making and listening site!
(editor’s note – you can also link to the mix by clicking on the photo/album art!)